NOTICE for AKUites:

All students from the Batch of 2019 (and other senior AKUites) who wish to help their juniors clear the rigorous AKU admission process are encouraged to submit a written piece about their AKU interview/test experience at theakuchallenge@gmail.com
! We are sure the readers (prospective AKU-ites) would love to have your contribution on this blog.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Introduction to Alizeh's preparation experience.




Greetings, prospective medical students, fellow bloggers, and everybody else!

My name is Alizeh Abbas and I am really excited about contributing to this blog.
Exactly a year ago, I was in my room, staring at the midterm exams schedule in front of me, and trust me when I say that it did stare right back at me.
The second year of A level started with the much awaited CIE results, first term passed in the blink of an eye, and, before we knew it, arrived the time of discussions regarding university applications, tests, interviews, and requirements, including SAT exams and the likes.
I distinctly remember what it was like thinking about preparing for the AKU test, not knowing exactly where to start from, and trying to maintain a healthy balance between curriculum and extra-curricular activities (for most of us).
During those moments of chai refills, determination, anxiety, hard work, and exhilaration, there was one thing I was certain of, and that was this:
When I am done with all of this and have finally been admitted to the medical school of my choice, I shall help those who are still trying to find their way to success and need guidance, assistance and, many times, just a little push in the correct direction.
On making it to Aga Khan University Class of 2018, I was looking for a way to do what I had promised myself, when I thought of contributing to this blog. Now, here I amthanks to the very kind Sohaib Qadri who agreed to let me co-author ittrying to make a difference in the lives of those who have dreams they want to live and goals they want to achieve. 
I have been working on some pieces to answer most of the queries that many of you may have:
- AKU paper pattern and time management;
- Difference between preparation pattern for A level and intermediate students;
- Importance of SAT I AND II exams;
- Importance of a strong ECA profile;
- Community service and internships;
- Emphasis on one's achievements in the interviews without flaunting; and
- A timeline to help you plan your preparation schedule.
If any of you have anything else in mind, please don't hesitate to let us know.

This shall be it for now. I will be back with more posts.
Happy studying and preparing! Best of luck.

- Alizeh Abbas.


7 comments:

  1. AOA .. actually i am worried about my intermediate percentage .i got 92% in matric but 78% in inter.. this percentage is enough to get in AKU or not ? if i perform good in test than is there a chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, there are various factors that come into play when one applies to any university. Some people might get the admission and some might not with these percentages.
      You can contact the AKU Registrar Office for further details regarding the percentage requirement though, if there is any.

      Delete
  2. Your blog gives a boost!
    Keep on sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy i am in alevels second year
    I dont have any extracurricular activities in two years of alevels and now there is very little time left in which i have to study for exams
    What are my chances of getting in aku if i clear the test?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are your posts Alizeh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please update us on this, please?

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

This week's popular posts: